Tuesday 22 April 2014

What You Should Listen To This Week: THE AMAZING SNAKEHEADS


I'm such a blog slacker. I could say I've had a week off, but in all honestly I've either been
a) lazy (most likely)
b) doin shit with the fam
c) listening to The Amazing Snakeheads
Amphetamine Ballads is a very apt name for this album, it stimulates your senses and then you become completely hooked on it. This Glaswegian trio have been dominating my earphones for the last week or so with their growly bluesy rock and I love every track. You can hear licks of The Cramps and The Birthday party in songs like Nighttime and the rough croon of Tom Waits and Nick Cave in Every Guy Wants to be Her Baby. If you like the recent offerings of my other favourite scuzzy-rock band Fat White Family (former single of the week) then wrap your lug holes around this filth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...